Are you thinking about selling your diamond ring at a pawn shop? Do you have another piece of jewelry you’d like to sell for some quick cash? While it’s fairly easy to sell your jewelry to pawn shops, it’s important to make sure you get the right price for any piece you sell.
Below, we’ve provided plenty of great tips on how to sell jewelry at pawn shops and receive a fair and honest price:
- Find the right pawn shop: The first step in selling any piece of jewelry is finding the right buyer. While some people try to sell their jewelry through online ads or websites like eBay, it’s usually much quicker and easier to sell to a pawn shop. When looking through local pawn shops, be sure to find one with a good reputation and years of experience. It’s also good to go with a shop that has specific experience in selling and buying jewelry.
- Do your research: You can avoid getting scammed by determining the actual value of your jewelry ahead of time. Do research online and consider speaking with a jeweler in your area. You can determine what price your jewelry is going for by searching for similar items online. It can be hard to get an accurate estimate of the value of your jewelry. However, if the offered price is way lower than any value you’ve seen online, you’re probably better off selling elsewhere.
- Make sure your jewelry is in tip-top shape: When you’re selling your diamond ring at a pawn shop, you want it to look as attractive to the buyer as possible. This will likely involve cleaning and polishing the items. Store the item in its original packaging if you have it on hand. Generally speaking, you won’t get a good offer for jewelry that appears to be in poor condition.
- Negotiate the price: You should either prepare to negotiate or bring someone with you that’s good at negotiating. With a little persistence, you may get a better offer than you expected for your jewelry.
- Don’t come off as desperate: Even if you’re in desperate need of money, don’t show it to a pawn shop worker. While this isn’t the case for every pawn broker, some know they can offer less money to those in desperate situations. Come in with a calm and casual attitude and you’re sure to get a great price for your jewelry from the right pawn shop.
- Don’t be scared to walk away: If you know the pawn broker is offering a low price, walk away. It’s good to leave some room for compromise, but you should never go much lower than the item’s actually worth. Just because one pawn shop offers you an extremely low price doesn’t mean another won’t offer something better.
Now that you know how to sell your jewelry at a pawn shop, it’s time to visit the pawn brokers at Harrison Street Pawn and Gun. We’re a certified precious metals pawn shop that offers trustworthy assessments on all jewelry items. Come to us first if you want a fair price for your jewelry. We also offer top-quality jewelry repair services for those pieces you’ve been hoping to wear again!