Many people associate pawn shops with loans and forget the opportunities they present for thrift shopping. Whether people sold high-end products for cash or failed to pay a pawn loan, these items become available to you, the buyer. Visiting a pawn shop in Olathe, KS before you make a significant purchase at full price may be your best money-saving tip. Here are five great bargains you can find at a pawn shop:
- Power tools: One visit to the power tools aisle at the hardware store reveals the extensive cost associated with starting your home improvement projects. If you are a new homeowner or going through a rough financial time, it can be difficult to secure even the most basic tools. Fortunately, power tools are frequent residents in pawn shops. Reputable shops inspect each item for quality before listing them for sale. You can find power drills, table saws and even press drills for a fraction of their prices when new.
- Firearms: Many gun owners like to trade off weapons for something new. This constant cycle of upgrading keeps pawn shops busy and our firearm inventory full. Even if a firearm did not meet with a previous owner’s expectations, it might be the perfect concealed carry weapon for you. There is a good chance you will obtain a high-quality firearm well below your budget.
- Gadgets: Besides those who trade up their firearms, there are also those customers who upgrade their electronic devices every year. Pawn shops are full of mobile phones, tablets, video game consoles and even small kitchen appliances. If you visit at the right time, you may find a new phone that is only a couple models behind and still works perfectly. If your goal with gadgets is to use functional items and not necessarily to have the latest and greatest, pawn shops are a great place to find what you need and save money.
- Musical instruments: When children start learning music, they begin with entry-level quality instruments. As they stick to this passion and improve, they need better quality as they grow and learn. Pawn shops frequently carry a significant inventory of instruments, especially guitars. However, you may find brass instruments, drums and even the occasional violin. Your child can trade up without emptying your wallet, and that makes it easier to support them in this activity.
- Sports equipment: There is safety equipment, like helmets, that you should never buy used. They may be compromised and unable to thoroughly protect you or your child. However, you can purchase hockey skates, skis, padding, and other items used without fear for safety. Also, if you are a collector, you may get lucky and find rarities and autographed items. Either way, checking the pawn shop before buying new equipment will save you money and allow you to enjoy your activities.
Harrison Street Pawn offers firearms, jewelry and tools for thrift shopping in Olathe, KS. Visit our pawn shop today to find a bargain and follow the latest money-saving tips. We are open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.!