If you’ve ever faced a tight financial spot, it’s likely you considered the services of a pawn shop. A pawn loan does not involve a credit check or application process, and all you need is an item of value to use as collateral. However, many people visit a pawn shop hoping to secure enough cash to pay rent or make a critical car repair, only to end up disappointed. Here are five items that are most likely to get you the cash you need when you bring them to a pawn shop in Olathe, KS:
- Jewelry: While this will likely not include costume jewelry, pieces made of high-quality metal can often fetch a good value. Rings, bracelets, necklaces and even money clips can be excellent candidates for a pawn shop. Choose pieces that show quality craftsmanship and design, as you will not get money if the chance of resale is low. You also want to submit higher quality metals, like gold, silver and titanium. Broken pieces or items that are merely gold or silver plated are unlikely to be accepted.
- Watches: Like jewelry, the amount of money you receive for watches depend on quality, value and overall condition. However, we also have to consider the brand. Higher-grade luxury brands are in high demand right now, so if you have a Rolex you never wear and overwhelming financial burdens ahead, it would be a great item to pawn. Any non-brand watches made of precious metals could also be acceptable.
- Power tools: Savvy shoppers often know pawn shops are the place to get good-quality power tools at much lower prices. That is why we will rarely turn down a power tool if you have one to pawn. The tools need to be in good shape and a popular brand. Mid-range brands or low-quality tools purchased at discount stores are likely not good candidates. But if you do not need that Stihl chainsaw at the moment and cash is your goal, it will make good collateral for a pawn loan.
- Electronics: Newer devices, including smartphones, tablets and laptops, are popular pawn items. If you have a drawer full of mobile devices you never use anymore, start there and see if you have a good pawn candidate if you need money. But be realistic—older versions lose value quickly, and if it does not work, you are unlikely to receive cash.
- Coins and currency: That family coin collection that merely collects dust in your closet could be the way out of financial distress. Keep in mind that rarer pieces will exceed the face value allowed at pawn shops and you may be better off selling those to a specialized coin dealer. However, silver dollars, proof sets and American Eagle coins can be good pawn candidates.
Harrison Street Pawn is a pawn shop located in Olathe, KS. Whether you seek firearms, jewelry or a loan to get you through the month, visit us today and see how we can help you. We are also willing to buy items outright.