When you’re moving, you may be surprised and alarmed by how much stuff you have. From personal keepsakes and extras of too many things like linens, towels and dishes, to clothes you haven’t worn for years and kids’ toys from a decade ago, you know you should get rid of things. When in the midst of moving and planning, you may be tempted to box it all up and just go through it later. Where would you even take it all, and how much time would it take to go through the items piece by piece and figure out what to do with them?
Moving can be the best time to clear out your house of things you don’t need anymore, especially with the help of a pawn and gun shop in Olathe, KS, where you can take a huge bulk of items all at once. Check out these reasons why moving is a great time to clear out your home:
- Fewer things to move: The best thing about clearing out your home before moving is that you’ll have fewer things to pack, and therefore less to move. Taking some extra time to go through the useless junk in the back of your closet and be able to get it out of your house before the big move is 100 percent worth the time (and energy) you’ll save later.
- Better organized when unpacking: Unpacking will be easier as well when you get to your new destination. When you take time to go through old belongings and get rid of things you don’t want anymore, the things you do keep will be better organized and much easier to unpack later.
- Minimize damage: Less stuff means less that can break, especially when some of the items you decide to get rid of, like the inherited china set you never use or porcelain figures you can’t bear to display, are no longer in the picture. Stop lugging that ceramic lamp you don’t even like to new houses and bring it to a pawn and gun shop in Olathe, KS instead!
- Downsize for your new home: If you’re downsizing, it’s definitely important to lose some of the extra weight in your belongings. Smaller closets mean less storage space. However, even if you’re not downsizing your home, it can feel great to downsize your stuff. More space in an organized closet, more space between the furniture and less clutter all around will free your mind in ways you didn’t know it could.
- Save time: A pawn shop can be a great place to bring your things during a busy time like moving, because you don’t have to spend time planning and executing a yard sale or figuring out how to sell items online. You can bring all your things to one place, one time, and be done with it.
- Have extra cash for moving expenses: Selling items is a double win because you’ll get some extra cash while also shedding unnecessary clutter. A pawn and gun shop in Olathe, KS will pay you to declutter your home!
If you have some extra things to get rid of before your move, stop by Harrison Street Pawn in Olathe, KS. We buy and sell everything from unique pieces to common household items. Bring your things buy for a quote today!