If you’re in need of a quick influx of cash, one of the best options out there is to head to a pawn shop to get a short-term loan to cover expenses, or just receive cash in exchange for ownership of some of your items. Each pawn shop makes a personal appraisal of items to determine how much cash they’ll offer you for each, but there are several staples that often get good valuations at pawn shops.
If you’re hoping to head to pawn or gun shops in Olathe, KS, read on to see which of your items would make the best choice to get more cash or a larger loan:
- Precious metals: It might seem obvious, but one of the best things to pawn is jewelry made from precious metals. The price will depend on the quality of metal and workmanship, but in general, gold brings in more cash than silver.
- Tablets: Tablets can make great items to pawn because they’re not as necessary for households that already include smartphones and computers. If you have Apple products, you’ll be in even better luck, because they bring in even more money, especially when they include the manual and packaging.
- Power tools: If you have rarely used power tools cluttering up your basement or garage, consider exchanging those for cash. They are popular items with a fairly high resale value. Make sure to clean and de-grease them well before heading to the shop.
- Gems: Like jewelry from precious metals, another hot seller is gems, particularly varieties like diamonds.
- Collectible coins: Many people have old coins collecting dust in different hiding spots around the house. Though most older coins aren’t worth much, rare currency like silver dollars, Federal Reserve notes and interesting paper money can earn you more than you might think at the pawn shop.
- Sporting goods: Things like golf clubs, bikes and skis or snowboards can have a high resale value, especially if they’re in good condition. Buying new is expensive, so many people look for good deals, which brings you more money if you pawn them.
- Firearms: Guns tend to retain their value and can bring in a pretty penny when you trade them in at a pawn shop. One thing to consider, however, is that you need to bring in all the legal paperwork showing ownership. You’ll also need to make sure the pawn shop has a license to buy guns.
Now that you have a list of potential items to sell, it’s time to head to one of your local pawn and gun shops in Olathe, KS so you can pick up a wad of cash. If you’re ready to pawn, look no further than Harrison Street Pawn, a shop with 30 years of experience in the industry. We have a huge selection of items, including jewelry, power tools, musical equipment and firearms.
On top of buying, selling and trading a variety of items, Harrison Street Pawn also offers services for jewelry repair and gunsmith work. Call today for more information!