One of the most important aspects of responsible firearm ownership is ensuring that your weapon is always well-maintained and properly cared for. If you aren’t regularly cleaning and caring for your gun, the chances that it could misfire or otherwise stop working correctly could increase.
Correctly cleaning your gun is a relatively simple task that becomes second nature with proper practice. It does, however, require a number of specialized tools. To correctly clean your firearm, it’s advisable that you stop by a gun shop in Olathe, KS to pick up the necessary supplies that you’ll need to keep your weapon in prime condition.
While each gun may require some degree of specialized care and attention, there are some maintenance actions that are universally beneficial. If you’re unsure about the best way to care for your specific type of gun, it’s advisable to consult with an expert at your local gun store.
Here are just some of the tools that you’ll need to keep your firearm in tip-top shape:
- Cleaning rod: The most important gun cleaning tool that you can invest in is a cleaning rod. It’s important to realize that cleaning rods could damage the interior of your gun’s barrel, so you should always select a rod made from a material that’s softer than the barrel of your gun.
- Patches: Every time that you pass your cleaning rod through your gun’s bore, you’ll need to use a clean patch. Reusing a patch will simply spread dirt around the inside of your barrel. Be sure to always change out the patch on your gun rod.
- Gun brushes: Like rods, gun brushes could potentially damage the inside of your barrel. Bronze brushes are ideally suited to remove caked dirt and debris from the inside of your gun’s barrel. Always discard brushes whenever they appear dirty or worn, which will likely happen quickly.
- Fluids: You’ll need to use four types of fluids to clean the interior of your gun: a solvent, a degreaser, a lubricant and a protectant. Each of these fluids performs an important task that will substantially improve the longevity of your firearm and ensure that it remains in top shape.
- Other accessories: There are a number of other accessories that you may want to consider investing in to help you maintain your firearm, including a gun cradle, which can make the cleaning process substantially easier.
Since 1985, Harrison Street Pawn has been a trusted gun shop in Olathe, KS. We’re proud to provide quality firearms and firearm accessories to each of our customers. We carry weapons that are suitable for a wide range of applications and are useful to shooters of all skill and experience levels. If you’re unsure of how to select the gun that suits you best, a member of our team will be happy to help you find a firearm that meets your needs.
To learn more about our fully stocked inventory of quality guns and gun accessories, reach out to one of our friendly, qualified representatives today.