So, you’re looking for a handgun to help protect your home and family. With so many options on the market today, gun research can be an overwhelming task. Do you go try out a few guns at the local range, or study up online? While you could do all that, you could also just stop in at Harrison Street Pawn to talk with one of our knowledgeable firearms experts, who can help you find the right fit for your needs. In the meantime, let’s take a closer look at some gun models you may want to consider checking out.
Here are six of the top handguns in Olathe, KS recommended for your home defense needs:
- Ruger LCP: Ruger’s line of LCP pistols is as effective as it is easy to operate. Chambered in 380 Auto, the LCP offers compact and light protection without some of the safety concerns that come with larger caliber weapons. The small stature of the gun means that it can be easily concealed for wearing around the house, or tucked away in a small lock box or other secure hiding place.
- Glock G19: Like the Ruger LCP, the Glock G19 is a simple slide-action pistol. You won’t find fancy de-cocking mechanisms or a hammer to get caught on clothing when you need it. Glocks are exceedingly reliable and offer accuracy and ease of use all in a compact package. The 9mm round is very effective in stopping an intruder in his tracks.
- Smith & Wesson J-Frame: If simple is what you are after, the Smith & Wesson J-Frame may be the handgun for you. The double-action revolver can be fired by cocking the hammer or squeezing the trigger. Many J-Frame revolvers are chambered in .38 Special, which still remains a popular and effective self-defense round.
- Smith & Wesson M&P Shield: The Shield series was Smith & Wesson’s answer to many of the other polymer frame pistols on the market. They are available in many of the popular calibers and are easy to operate without the need for constant practice.
- Colt 1911: The Colt 1911 is a classic American firearm that gained fame as the choice of the U.S. military in World War II. The .45 caliber round it fires is very effective at stopping attackers where they stand.
- Sig Sauer P226: The Sig Sauer P226 is a precision crafted firearm that has served the likes of the FBI and U.S. Army. Though a brand new one can be expensive, used models can be purchased at a reasonable price. The P226 comes with more to learn about than the other guns on this list, but you’ll be more than satisfied with its accuracy and reliability.
For a wide selection of new and used rifles, shotguns and handguns in Olathe, KS, come on in to Harrison Street Pawn. Our friendly firearms experts can also set you up with the right ammunition. Need someone you can trust to maintain your gun? We also offer gun cleaning and repair services!