Your favorite pieces of jewelry are probably the pieces that undergo the most wear and daily use. Enduring all of the strain that comes with day-to-day tasks can leave jewelry a bit dull and result in potential damage. You shouldn’t wait until your jewelry breaks or falls apart to get repairs or jewelry maintenance. By taking preventative steps, you can ensure that your jewelry remains in excellent condition for years to come:
- Have your jewelry regularly checked: You might not realize just how much your jewelry goes through on a regular basis. From washing the dishes to sleeping through the night, your favorite pieces of jewelry are put through the wringer on a daily basis. When it comes to pieces you wear every day, especially things like rings, you should make sure to have it routinely checked for any damage or wear that must be repaired. An expert in jewelry repair in Olathe, KS can closely and carefully assess the condition of your jewelry with much more scrutiny than most jewelry wearers can manager. A close inspection means that you can catch potential needs for repair before you wake up with a broken clasp or a missing gemstone.
- Repair or replace clasps before they break: Generally, jewelry clasps go through a period of less-than-ideal functioning before they break completely. If you notice that your jewelry clasp isn’t working as well as it should be, get it replaced right away. It’s better to have the clasp replaced before it breaks than to have your necklace or bracelet fall off in the middle of your day.
- Ensure the setting of gemstones: Since the stone settings in rings are generally the most valuable component of the jewelry piece, you want to be absolutely certain that the stone remains securely set in the ring. A professional jewelry repair expert can ensure that the setting is stable and further secure the gemstone in the ring if necessary.
- Pick the right length for necklaces: Perhaps you have a beautiful necklace that you haven’t been able to wear because it is either too long or too short. This can really be an easy fix, and a relatively inexpensive one, too. All you have to do is have the chain replaced with the appropriate length, and you’re ready to go!
- Always go to a professional for jewelry repair: While it might be tempting to attempt jewelry repair on your own, it is always best to seek out professional help. Experience working with a wide range of jewelry means that a knowledgeable repair person will be able to accurately assess your jewelry and get it back in good condition.
No matter what shape your jewelry is in, Harrison Street Pawn is here to assist you with professional jewelry repair in Olathe, KS. We can offer our expertise in diagnosing any potential concerns with your favorite jewelry pieces and getting them back in pristine condition. Don’t leave your favorite jewelry to collect dust when it’s in disrepair—stop by our shop for help restoring your most-loved pieces.