While plans for a summer vacation may be on the books, there are still a few things that need your attention and tending to keep your house and lawn maintained all summer long. From tools to household items, you may need or want certain things that will make your home that much more summer-ready.
Seeking out slightly used, more affordable ways to improve your home inside and out? Here are some items to be on the lookout for when browsing local pawn shops in Olathe, KS this summer:
- Lawn care equipment: Light showers and the warm sun contribute to the rapid growth of plants and foliage, which makes the summer months prime time for heavy yard maintenance. First time homeowners are often shocked to find out just how much work maintaining a lawn really is, and thus they may not own all the necessary equipment quite yet. Also, over time, your yard’s needs change or equipment breaks. In either situation, head on down to your nearby pawn shop instead of a pricey home improvement store for lawn care equipment, such as lawn mowers and tree trimmers.
- Gardening tools: Even if you’re not an avid gardener, it’s wise to have basic gardening tools on hand. You never know when you’ll need a big shovel to dig a hole, or a rake and wheel barrel to move yard debris. By buying used—especially in the case of homeowners who don’t garden much—you won’t kick yourself for spending a lot of money on gardening tools you rarely use and end up storing in the shed most of the year.
- Power tools: Folks who are power tool junkies can’t help but to collect every single tool known to man and use them all the time, while others buy tools only to use for a specific project. For the latter group, browse local pawn shops in Olathe, KS to avoid high price tags for brand new tools. The former group, meanwhile, can find fantastic deals on barely used power tools after the one-time users bring their items back.
- Portable fans and coolers: Overworking your air conditioner can lead to costly unit repairs, so give your A/C a rest by plugging in portable room fans and swamp coolers. And you’re in luck—it’s not uncommon to discover top brand name fans at the pawn shop, where you’ll likely find them for great prices.
- Window coverings: Want to keep the inside of your house nice and comfortable and your cooling bills down during hot summer days? Time and time again, it’s been proven that adding the right window treatments can create a comfortable indoor environment all year round. From fabric curtains to wooden blinds, when you’re looking for window coverings at a pawn shop, you are likely to find styles that nobody else you know has. You may even come across antique designs from past decades.
Buying pre-owned, perfectly usable household items from pawn shops in Olathe, KS—such as power tools and garden care equipment—is not only good for the environment—it’s also easier on your wallet. Come visit us at Harrison Street Pawn to shop for everything you need to make this summer an enjoyable one.