Fall will be here before we know it, which means that college kids will be heading back to campus soon and a whole new class of graduates will be unleashed upon the world. If you or a loved one is a twenty-something who is studying in college, trying to navigate the poor job economy, preparing to serving our country in the military or still stuck on Mom and Dad’s couch, then you know that this time of life comes with its own set of excitements and challenges.
As a pawn shop in Olathe, KS, we’re happy to play a positive and helpful role in the lives of many young people. Our affordable prices, fair buying rates, wide range of stapes and novelties and vintage charm all combine to make us an ideal store for twenty-somethings to patronize, and we encourage young people to come check us out if they haven’t already. Here are five reasons why your local pawn shop in Olathe, KS is a twenty-something’s best friend:
- Quick cash: If you’re just starting to live on your own, figuring out and sticking to a sound budget can be difficult. For those lean months when you’re eating PBJs every day and still can’t make rent, your local pawn shop can serve as a trustworthy source for some fast cash. Jewelry, DVDs, video games, guns and more can all be sold or pawned at most pawn shops. If you only need a short loan to tide you over until payday, there’s a good chance you’ll even be able to buy your belongings back.
- Affordable necessities: Hammers, wrenches, rakes and more are all pretty standard household necessities, but when you’re just starting out on your own, buying all these different little things can quickly add up. You can save a few bucks by buying your first set of tools at your local pawn shop. Once you’re ready to upgrade, you might even be able to sell them back.
- Inexpensive entertainment: Beyond necessities, no twenty-something’s first apartment would be complete without some cool electronics. Used televisions, computers, cell phones, DVDs, gaming consoles and video games are all sold at your local pawn shop at rock bottom prices. You can have the best home theater in your apartment complex while still spending less than your friends.
- Vintage styles: We’ve noticed that twenty-somethings enjoy expressing their own styles by pairing newer fashions with vintage pieces. If you’re looking for some retro jewelry to tie your look together, you’ll find plenty of affordable options at your local pawn shop. You can even trade in some of your old jewelry for newer pieces.
- Find a new hobby: Finally, your twenties are a time to explore new things and develop passions that will last a lifetime. Hunting, fishing and DIY home improvement are all useful and rewarding hobbies for a young person to become involved in, and you can find affordable equipment to start you off at your local pawn shop in Olathe, KS. Come see us soon and begin exploring!